Baptisms are usually held the third Sunday of each month at 1:30 PM. Pre-registration is required. Baptisms may also take place at a Noon Mass on Sundays. Please call the rectory to make arrangements (201) 843-1722. There is a preparation class for parents usually on the second Thursday of each month at 7 PM at the Rectory 12 Terrace Avenue, Rochelle Park, NJ 07662.
2017 Baptism Dates:
November 19 & December 17.
2017 Parents' Preparation Class dates:
November 9 & December 14. (Parents are required to attend only ONE class.)
2018 Baptism Dates:
January 21, February 11, March (no baptisms due to Lent), April 15, May 20, June 10 (2nd Sunday due to Father's Day), July 15, August 19, September 16, October 21, November 18 & December 16.
According to Canon Law requirements, godparents must be:
- Catholics who are sixteen (16) years of age or older
- have been Baptized and Confirmed
- are living a life in harmony with the faith
- if married, marriage must be recognized by the Catholic Church and performed by a Catholic priest or deacon
- a baptized non-catholic may not be a godparent but may be a witness when there is a Catholic godparent
A parent of the person to be baptized is not permitted to be a godparent.
Unbaptized persons, because they do not share belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, may not be either godparents or witnesses.
PLEASE NOTE: GODPARENT CERTIFICATES MUST BE RETURNED TO THE RECTORY 4 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE BAPTISM DATE.