Baptisms are usually held the third Sunday of each month at 1:30 PM. Pre-registration is required. Please call the rectory to make arrangements (201) 843-1722. There is a preparation class for parents usually on the second Thursday of each month at 7PM at the Rectory 12 Terrace Avenue, Rochelle Park, NJ 07662.
2017 Baptism Dates:
August 20, September 17, October 15, November 19 & December 17.
2017 Parents' Preparation Class dates:
August 10, September 14, October 12, November 9 & December 14. (Parents are required to attend only ONE class.)
According to Canon Law requirements, godparents must be:
- Catholics who are sixteen (16) years of age or older
- have been Baptized and Confirmed
- are living a life in harmony with the faith
- if married, marriage must be recognized by the Catholic Church and performed by a Catholic priest or deacon
- a baptized non-catholic may not be a godparent but may be a witness when there is a Catholic godparent
A parent of the person to be baptized is not permitted to be a godparent.
Unbaptized persons, because they do not share belief in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, may not be either godparents or witnesses.
PLEASE NOTE: GODPARENT CERTIFICATES MUST BE RETURNED TO THE RECTORY 4 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE BAPTISM DATE.